Friday, 14 June 2013

Senegalese Twists - Hair Care Regimen


Braided hair extensions are very versatile and can be used as a great protective style for transitioners or individuals with relaxed or natural hair. The extensions come in various different, colours, styles and textures; And can last for up to 8 – 12 weeks depending on how they’re cared for. Although braids are a low maintenance protective style, it is important to care for your own hair while braided to avoid damage.

In my previous post, I mentioned that I would share how I would be caring for my Senegalese twists over the next 8 to 10 weeks. So here are details of the products I’ll be using;

ORS Herbal Cleanse Dry Shampoo and Nature Shine Braid Spray with coconut oil

Leave-in-Conditioners - Aussie Miracle Hair Insurance (moisture) and Creme of Nature's Argan Oil Strength and Shine (protein)

Essential Oils - ORS Anti Itch Scalp Oil (aloe vera and almond oil) And JBCO

My Regimen

Weekly
Apply ORS Dry Shampoo to scalp, massage and leave for 3 - 5 minutes. 
Remove residue with a warm damp towel
Oil Scalp with ORS Anti-Itch oil or JBCO (alternate oils weekly)

Daily
Moisturise braids with Leave-in conditioners (alternate between moisture and protein)
Seal with ORS Nature Shine Braid Spray
Oil scalp with oils mid-week if need be

My regimen is very simple and easy to follow. I know some people prefer to wash their braids/twists with the Crown and Glory technique but my twists are way too long and will take forever to dry. I've only used the ORS Dry Shampoo once but it definitely cleans my scalp and gets rid of any build-up/residue; It also has a tingling sensation which is quite soothing. 

I'm hoping to keep my twists in for another 8 weeks so will keep you posted on my regimen.

Whats your braid or twist regimen?

Stella 
xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment